Do you align with our company’s ethos, policy pillars, The People’s Pledge?
If so, Join us.
Enter the fast paced world of the regulated cannabis industry with The People you trust. We have the opportunity to create generational wealth within our communities and build the company the world has been waiting for!
ABOUT THE ECOSYSTEM
The People’s Ecosystem, a leading BIPOC-ran multi-state cannabis operator formerly known as The People’s Dispensary, announce they have engaged FlowerHire to assist in their search for a President. The newly appointed President will work closely with the CEO and Co-Founder of The People’s Ecosystem, Christine De La Rosa, to advance the vision, mission, and values of The People’s Ecosystem and shape the future of the company as it moves forward into its expansion phase. The President is expected to establish short and long-term goals, budgets, plans, and strategies for this unique organization while providing strong leadership during the exponential growth of the company.
Founded in 2016, The People’s Ecosystem has built one of the most diverse teams in the industry that is committed to fighting for social-economic equity, sustainable and conscious cannabis policies.
Be a part of this unique opportunity in cannabis history. We are looking for a passionate, dynamic and professional individual to join a team of exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to serve in the role of President of our rapidly-growing cannabis company.
As part of the Executive team, reporting directly to the CEO, the President oversees all lines of business and business operations. You will build and maintain the company’s strategic goals in line with The People’s Ecosystem overall business strategy, mission, and values. You will oversee operations to achieve the short and long-range business goals in safety, quality, production, sales, customer service, and so on. Through your leadership, you will foster a culture throughout the company of inclusion, diversity, innovation, collaboration, driving results for this unique company.
The President is tasked with providing strong leadership for the company by working with the CEO, the board and other executives to establish short and long-term goals, budgets, plans, and strategies. The President is responsible for presiding over the entire workforce and will manage budgets and make sure resources are allocated properly. Additional responsibilities will include working with team members to ensure our services meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. Some travel will be required.
The company is currently privately held with aggressive growth plans over the next 5 to 7 years.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $180,000.00+ /year
Additional Compensation: Bonuses and Stock Options
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Startup: 3 years (Preferred)
- Demonstrated track record, including P&L responsibility, preferably in the consumer products industry
- Experience partnering with mass-market retail customers
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Excellent intuition and deductive reasoning for assessing opportunities
- Strong insight and ability to identify, assess and manage risk
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and lead a high performance and efficient team
- Great personality to work, mentor and lead other managers
- Display good judgment in the face of changing priorities and have the ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Dedicated to strong relationships with customers and employees
- Able to clearly articulate the vision and plan, provide direct and clear feedback and able to positively influence others
- Responsible for the overall performance, efficiency, and profitable operations of the entire cannabis supply chain, including customer service and satisfaction, sales and budget, inventory management, visual merchandising, training, and development.
- Lead all facets of the business including operations, new product development, go-to-market strategies, and vendor partnerships.
- Develop strategies and review costs and budgets and evaluate metrics to be able to run operations at peak performance and minimum cost.
- Set key performance objectives, operational indicators, and strategies; and lead execution to achieve those objectives.
- Develop and Communicate performance objectives to the leadership team so that they can effectively manage team members.
- Lead all teams to meet our customer quality and delivery expectations.
- Ensure regulatory compliance, manage/prevent risk, and maintain an effective business continuity strategy.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and motivation to build and maintain a high-performing and diverse team.
- Collaborate with all managers to prevent injuries and ensure employees are working safely.
- Provides estimates for projects, completion, materials, supplies, and equipment needs.
- Estimates production times, staffing needs, and related issues for management decisions and effective and timely planning.
- Works independently and addresses challenges within a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail
- Experience managing a budget and staff required
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Management skills
- Collaborate with all departments: Accounting, Operations, IT, Legal, HR, and Marketing to achieve business objectives and develop a strong, functional, and collaborative culture.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Waiting period: None
FlowerHire is on a mission to build a conscious cannabis community, one hire at a time. Founded in 2017, we are a team of experienced talent and recruiting professionals and dedicated to helping companies build, scale, and retain world-class teams.
We partner with cannabis and hemp companies at any stage of their growth to provide high-touch services including contingency placement, retained and embedded search, and strategic talent advisory. We have also brought to market our software and AI-driven platform, FlowerHireX™, to solve the talent puzzle for companies looking to hire and retain frontline workers – and to empower individuals to own their careers in cannabis.
Since our inception, we have helped hundreds of cannabis companies build and optimize their talent chain, and have helped countless candidates understand this unique and exciting industry and find a job that fits. FlowerHire is Talent in Cannabis™. For more information on Flowerhire, please visit www.flowerhire.com.